Bowel Wellness | Gut Health | A...
Healthy Sugar Level | Improves ...
Maintains Kidney Function | Det...
Healthy Heart | Antioxidant | U...
Body Detox | Maintains Healthy ...
Immunity Booster | Protects Aga...
Good For Joint Health | Reduces...
Good For Liver Health | Protect...
Guaranteed* Immunity Builder | ...
Aids In Weight Loss Naturally |...
Healthy Heart | Antioxidant | U...
Good For Joint Health | Reduces...
Brain Tonic | Memory Booster | ...
Immunity Booster For Family | P...
Healthy Sugar Level | Improves ...
Healthy Sugar Level | Useful As...
Explore Zandu Single Herb Medicines or Supplements
Single herbs are widely considered botanical powerhouses that entertain unique characteristics and potential health benefits of their own. Single herbs carry a wide range of antioxidants, nutrients, and bioactive compounds that support our well-being and boost our health. This article will focus on the five most essential herbs with extraordinary medicinal and healing potential. Let us explore the power of simplicity present in these single herbs.
What is a Single Herb?
A single herb is a culinary or medicinal plant that entertains an individual use without being combined with other ingredients or herbs. Therefore the term single herb is generally used to describe the use of a specific type of herb in its unadulterated or purest form. Single herbs are mainly used in herbal or ayurvedic medicines that focus on traditional healing practices.
Every single herb comes with its individual properties that are unique from one another. Therefore, they allow for a focused approach. They are chosen based on their medicinal qualities and therapeutic effects. Some typical examples of single herbs include tulsi, turmeric, Amalaki, neem, and methi, among many others.
Ways of Consumption Single Herbs
The most popular way of consumption of single herbs is churn or powder, which has been in use since time immemorial. There are various other ways in which single herbs can be consumed; some of the most popular methods are listed below:
- Creating herbal tinctures or extracts
- Stepping them in teas
- Including them in culinary preparations
- Using topically in the form of ointments or essential oils
Benefits of Using Single Herbs
The benefits of single herbs usually vary based on the type of herb being used. However, here are some general benefits one can secure by including single herbs in a daily diet.
1. Single Herbs Carry Medicinal Properties
Single herb comes with specific medicinal properties that have the potential to address various health concerns. For instance, ginger is beneficial for its digestive and anti-inflammatory benefits, while chamomile is well-known for its calming effect on the body and facilitates promoting sleep.
2. Single Herbs Entertain Targeted Approach for Specific Health Issues
With the help of single herbs, specific health concerns can be targeted. People looking forward to focusing on a specific wellness area can choose a herb that aligns with their needs. For instance, if one wants to boost their immune system, choosing elderberry or
Echinacea would be highly beneficial.
3. Single Herbs are Versatile
There are a plethora of ways in which single herbs can be used. This allows for the utmost flexibility to the consumers as they can be used as teas, supplements, or included in culinary dishes. Ginger and turmeric are two of the most common single herbs that entertain daily inclusion in culinary practices.
4. Single Herbs are a Part of Natural & Holistic Health Practices
Single herbs are mostly assumed to be a part of natural health practices amidst the complex modern multi-ingredient supplements available in the market. Therefore they can serve as natural alternatives to artificial medications or supplement ingredients.
5. Single Herbs allow for Personalised Health & Wellness Routine
Single herbs can be selected according to individual needs and preferences. They are primarily helpful for one looking forward to personalization in the health and wellness routine and suit their unique needs.
5 Single Herbs That Comes with Multifaceted Health Benefits
Nature has blessed humankind with a wide range of beneficial herbs that are known for not only adding flavours to meals but also for multifaceted health benefits. Among all these treasures, five single herbs are widely known for their remarkable benefits and stand out from others.
The medicinal properties found in these herbs range from antioxidant to anti-inflammatory, immunity boosting, and properties that enhance digestive health. Including these herbs in your daily diet will be a remarkable way to provide the body with natural healing powers. Let's start exploring them.
Holy Basil, commonly called Tulsi, carries significant medicinal and cultural importance worldwide. The herb has a rich history of traditional use and many therapeutic properties. The leaves of Tulsi have everyday use in teas and tinctures and are used by people seeking wellness support for their bodies.
Health Benefits of Tulsi
The potential health benefits of tulsi are listed below:
- Considered to be an adaptogen, Tulsi helps the body to adapt to emotional and physical stress by supporting the adrenal glands.
- Tulsi also has immune-modulating properties that enhance the immune system's response to toxins, allergies, and infections.
- Contains antiviral and antimicrobial properties, which ensures adequate protection against various pathogens.
- Tulsi entertains compounds rich in anti-inflammatory properties, like rosmarinic acid or eugenol. Therefore they prove effective in reducing inflammation.
- Rich in antioxidants like Vitamin A and Vitamin C and other phytochemicals such as polyphenols and flavonoids, Tulsi can help fight oxidative stress and prevent cell damage by free radicals.
- Tulsi is traditionally known as a health remedy for any issues related to respiratory health. It helps relieve symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, colds, and coughs.
- Tulsi also contains carminative properties that help lower gas, bloating, and any other indigestion-related issues.
Analaki, also referred to as Indian Gooseberry, is a powerful fruit widely known for its high content of vitamin C and various other essential nutrients. It also possesses revitalizing and rejuvenating effects on multiple systems in the human body.
Health Benefits of Amalaki
The potential health benefits associated with Amalaki are listed below:
- Famous for its rich antioxidant content, Amalaki helps neutralise harmful free radicals that tend to cause damage to cells.
- Amalaki's rich vitamin C content enhances the immune system's functioning and keeps it healthy. It also increases the production of immune cells that protects the body against illness and infections.
- Amalakai is also beneficial for digestive health as it aids in digestion. It stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes and enhances nutrition absorption in the body.
- Amalaki retains hepatoprotective properties that prevent liver damage.
- Amalaki's antioxidant properties help lower oxidative stress and ageing of the skin, thereby promoting healthy and glowing skin. It simultaneously promotes hair growth.
Neem is a tree native to India, and it is a highly valued tree. Neem leaves are widely known for their medicinal properties and are a natural remedy for many ailments. It entertains antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that prove beneficial for the immune system, skin condition, and oral health.
Health Benefits of Neem
- Neem contains strong antimicrobial properties, making it effective against fungi, bacteria, and viruses. It traditionally treats skin infections, gum disease, tooth decay, and wounds.
- Due to its immunomodulatory properties, it enhances the body's defence mechanism, which is the immune system.
- Neem is also beneficial in reducing inflammatory issues in the body. Therefore, it can manage skin inflammation, arthritis, and gastrointestinal disorders.
- The most crucial benefit of neem is that it helps regulate blood sugar levels by enhancing insulin sensitivity and lowering glucose absorption in the intestine. Therefore it allows individuals who have the risk of developing diabetes.
Methi is well known for its culinary as well as medicinal use. The sprouts, seeds, and leaves are utilised for their health benefits and flavour. Besides its culinary delight, methi is also known for containing compounds beneficial for regulating blood sugar levels, promoting lactation in nursing mothers, aiding digestion, and supporting immune health.
Potential Health Benefits of Methi
The potential health benefits of methi are as follows:
- Methi helps in alleviating constipation, bloating, and indigestion. The methi seeds contain soluble fibre that helps prevent digestive disorders.
- Methi seeds are helpful for those who are at risk of developing diabetes as it improves insulin sensitivity and lower glucose absorption.
- Methi is also believed to improve lipid profiles as it removes bad cholesterol from the body, thus enhancing heart health.
- The seeds of methi are high in fibre and low in calories. Therefore, they can make an individual feel full for a long time. People looking forward to managing weight may include methi in their diet.
- For nursing mothers, methi is commonly recommended as it promotes breast milk production.
The Vrikshamla fruit is native to India and Southeast Asia and is quite famous for its potential health benefits. The fruit contains hydroxy citric acid that aids in weight management by restricting the conversion of carbohydrates into fat and suppressing appetite.
Health Benefits of Vrikshamla
The health benefits of Vrikshamla are listed below:
- Vrikshamla aids in reducing appetite and cravings, therefore, promoting weight loss.
- It also helps treat issues related to indigestion, flatulence, and bloating.
- Vrikshamla contains certain compounds with potential anti-inflammatory effects, which reduce inflammation in the body.
- The fruit is also rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and xanthones which protects the cells against oxidative stress and reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases.
List of Single Herb Products offered by Zanducare
Zandu brings you the most convenient way to consume these single herbs in the form of capsules, detox drinks, and juices.
- Kalmegha Capsules
- Tulsi Tablets
- Amlaki Capsules
- Arjuna Capsules
- Turmeric Capsules
- Sallaki Capsules
- Satavari Capsules
- Sunthi Capsules
- Shilajit Capsules
- Giloy Capsules
All the products are manufactured to maintain quality and retain essential health benefits to promote health and wellness.
- Preclinical studies have shown that amla possesses antipyretic, analgesic, antitussive, antiatherogenic, adaptogenic, cardioprotective, gastroprotective, and neuroprotective properties. (Pubmed)
- The reviewed studies reinforce traditional uses and suggest tulsi is an effective treatment for lifestyle-related chronic diseases including diabetes. (NCBI)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Zandu single herb health supplements beneficial?
Yes, all the products are manufactured to maintain quality and retain essential health benefits to promote health and wellness.
In which form are Zandu single herb supplements available?
Zandu single herb health supplements are available in the form of capsules, detox drinks, and juices.