Increases Immunity | Boosts Ene...
No Added Sugar | Builds 2X Immu...
No Added Sugar | Builds 2X Immu...
Boosts 2X Immunity | Increases ...
Builds 2X Immunity | Protects A...
No Added Refined Sugar | Boosts...
Boosts 2X Immunity | Provides E...
What is Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is an ancient Ayurvedic superfood consumed for centuries in India. It is made of a base of Amla fruit mixed with honey, ghee, and other herbs and spices. It's believed to have numerous health benefits that range from increasing immunity and energy levels to promoting healthy skin and digestion.
Read on for an informative guide to the ancient superfood, Chyawanprash.
Why Should you Consume Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is a mixture made by processing about 50 medicinal herbs and their extracts. It contains Amla (Indian gooseberry), the world's richest source of vitamin C and the main ingredient, along with ghee, honey, other herbs, spices, and minerals. This Ayurvedic jam-like paste has many health benefits due to its rich composition of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Chyawanprash has been used for centuries as a general tonic or health supplement in India. It has anti-aging properties that can help reduce wrinkles and improve complexion. It also boosts immunity by increasing the production of WBCs, which fight off infections and diseases. Additionally, it increases energy levels, improves digestion, strengthens bones and muscles, and helps prevent illnesses such as colds and flu.
Preparation Method of Chyawanprash
Chyawanprash comprises two words, "Chyawan" and "Prasha." "Chyawan" refers to a sage and also represents the idea of "degenerative change." "Prasha" refers to a food or medicine that is fit for consumption.
Chyawanprash is usually prepared by heating the ghee and then adding the other ingredients in a specific order while stirring continuously until all the ingredients are mixed well. Constantly stir the mixture and cook it over low heat till it turns into a thick paste. It is then cooled and stored in an airtight container.
The ingredients in Chyawanprash have been scientifically tested for their nutritional and therapeutic benefits. They are combined in specific amounts and processed using unique pharmaceutical methods to create a powerful synergy for maximum health benefits.
8 Benefits of Zandu Chyawanprash Range
1. Boosts immunity and improves overall health
The primary benefit of Chyawanprash is that it helps to boost immunity and improve overall health. This ancient Ayurvedic preparation is made from a combination of ingredients, including herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. These medicinal components help fortify the body's natural defense against viruses and other diseases. Furthermore, certain active compounds found in Chyawanprash are known to possess anti-inflammatory properties, making them effective for relieving pain associated with conditions such as arthritis.
2. Helps in digestion and improves gut health
Chyawanprash helps to improve digestion and has a positive effect on gut health. It is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce bloating, constipation, and other gastrointestinal issues. Chyawanprash can also help enhance nutrient absorption from food as it contains probiotics that aid in breaking down food into simpler components for better absorption. This makes it an ideal remedy for those who suffer from digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or ulcerative colitis (UC). Furthermore, Chyawanprash is rich in dietary fiber, supporting healthy gut bacteria and keeping your system from toxins.
3. Anti-aging and rejuvenating properties
Chyawanprash is noted for its anti-aging and rejuvenating properties. It contains high levels of Vitamin C, which helps reduce the effects of aging on skin and internal organs. Additionally, the natural ingredients in Chyawanprash help to increase vitality and energy levels, giving you a feeling of renewal. Furthermore, Chyawanprash may help protect from free radical damage by providing antioxidants essential for maintaining a healthy body and mind.
4. Strengthens respiratory system
One of the main benefits is that it strengthens and supports the respiratory system. It contains herbs such as eucalyptus, mulethi, and tulsi, known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The antioxidant compounds found in Chyawanprash can help improve breathing problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and allergies by reducing lung inflammation.
5. Nourishes reproductive system
Chyawanprash is rich in minerals and antioxidants that help nourish the reproductive system. It helps to improve general health, increase libido, and enhance fertility. The herbs in chyawanprash are known for their aphrodisiac properties, which can help increase sexual desire.
6. Helps in managing stress and anxiety
Chyawanprash has several herbs and components that help to reduce stress and anxiety. Regular consumption of Chyawanprash helps calm the nerves, reducing fatigue and creating a sense of relaxation. It also helps to improve physical strength, increase immunity, regulate blood pressure, and balance hormones.
7. Benefits for Skin and Hair
Chyawanprash is beneficial for both skin and hair health. It contains various vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and antioxidants that help in protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It also helps restore the skin's moisture content and can act as a natural sunblock. Additionally, chyawanprash helps to promote healthy hair growth. The antioxidant-rich ingredients in chyawanprash may help prevent premature graying and thinning of hair by strengthening each strand at the root level.
8. Enhances Cognitive Function and Memory
Chyawanprash is known to enhance cognitive function and memory. It contains herbs, minerals, and vitamins that nourish the brain and improve concentration, focus, alertness, and mental clarity. In addition, it helps boost energy levels throughout the day, further aiding in productivity.
Who can Consume Zandu Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is suitable for adults as well as children, though it is important to consult with a physician if you are taking any medications or suffer from any medical conditions before consuming this herbal remedy. In addition, pregnant women should speak with their doctor before introducing Chyawanprash into their diet. Overall, Chyawanprash can benefit physical and mental health for anyone looking to increase their vitality and immune system.
When Should You Consume Chyawanprash?
To properly consume Chyawanprash, take between 12-28 grams with 100-250 milliliters of milk on an empty stomach in the morning. This allows your body to quickly absorb the nutrients from the ingredients without being impeded by other food in your system. Additionally, taking Chyawanprash in the morning will help energize you throughout your day due to its energizing properties.
Ingredients Used in Zandu Chyawanprash
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Amla is the main ingredient in Chyawanprash. It is an important source of Vitamin C and powerful antioxidants that have many health benefits, including boosting immunity and aiding digestion.
- Ghee: Ghee is added for its nutritional values as well as its ability to aid in the absorption of other ingredients. It also gives Chyawanprash its characteristic aroma and taste.
- Honey: Honey is a common base ingredient in Chyawanprash that provides sweetening and is an antioxidant. Honey also contains several vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, and zinc.
- Dashmool: Dashmool is a herbal blend composed of ten roots and herbs. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine for its detoxifying, rejuvenating, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera): Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng or winter cherry, is a flowering plant native to India and North Africa. It helps reduce stress, improve energy levels, boost immunity, and aid digestion.
- Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri): Brahmi is a well-known herb used in Ayurveda for thousands of years due to its multiple health benefits. It is known to improve brain functioning, memory, and concentration.
- Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosus): Shatavari, also known as Asparagus Racemosus, is an important component of Chyawanprash. Its root contains steroidal saponins, which are believed to promote fertility by stimulating the ovaries and increasing estrogen production in women.
- Vidarikand (Pueraria Tuberosa): Vidarikand is an important ingredient in Chyawanprash which helps reduce inflammation and relieve respiratory issues such as asthma.
- Pippali (Piper Longum): Pippali is a strong Ayurvedic herb that provides various benefits, including aiding digestion, relieving cold and cough, reducing stress, and improving immunity.
- Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum): Cardamom is a spice used to add flavor to food. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries and is an important ingredient of Chyawanprash. It helps with digestion and can also help reduce inflammation and boost immunity.
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Verum): Cinnamon is a common ingredient used in Chyawanprash, as it has many medicinal properties. It is known to help treat respiratory disorders and can also reduce inflammation.
- Nutmeg (Myristica Fragrans): Nutmeg is a popular spice used in Chyawanprash. It has many medicinal properties and is known for aiding digestion, reducing inflammation, relieving pain, and improving blood circulation.
- Saffron (Crocus Sativus): Saffron is a small but powerful herb known for its multiple health benefits. Its main active ingredient, crocin, helps support the immune system and acts as an antioxidant, reducing inflammation and protecting against cell damage.
Types of Zanducare Chyavanprash
1. Chyavanprash Avaleha
Zandu Chyavanprash Avaleha is a unique formulation combining Ayurvedic herbs' powerful benefits, such as Ashwagandha, Bala, and Satavari. This special blend of potent ingredients helps to strengthen your body's natural defenses, so you can stay healthy and energized.
Zandu Chyavanprashad is an Ayurvedic revitaliser that helps to improve overall body immunity and boosts energy levels. It contains a special blend of natural herbs, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which helps to strengthen your body's natural defenses. Chyavanprashad is also sugar-free, so you can enjoy its health benefits without worrying about unnecessary added sugars.
3. Chyavanprash Avaleha Jaggery
Zandu Chyavanprash Avaleha Jaggery is the perfect daily supplement for boosting your immunity and keeping you healthy. It contains a special blend of herbal ingredients, which provides two times more protection against common illnesses.
- Chyawanprash is a mixture made by processing about 50 medicinal herbs and their extracts. It contains Amla (Indian gooseberry), which is the world's richest source of vitamin C and is the main ingredient. (NIH)
- Chyawanprash is made up of two words, "Chyawan" and "Prasha". "Chyawan" refers to a sage and also represents the idea of "degenerative change". "Prasha" refers to a food or medicine that is fit for consumption. (NIH)
- The ingredients in Chyawanprash have been scientifically tested for their nutritional and therapeutic benefits. They are combined in specific amounts and processed using unique pharmaceutical methods to create a powerful synergy for maximum health benefits. (NIH)
- To properly consume Chyawanprash, take between 12-28 grams with 100-250 milliliters of milk on an empty stomach in the morning. (NIH)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of taking Chyawanprash?
Taking Chyawanprash can provide numerous health benefits, such as strengthening the immune system, improving digestion, boosting energy levels, promoting mental well-being, and reducing stress levels. It may also be beneficial in treating respiratory problems such as asthma and bronchitis, improving blood circulation, and aiding in anti-ageing.
Are there any side effects of taking Chyawanprash?
Generally, Chyawanprash is safe to take with no major side effects reported when taken as directed.
How much should I take?
The recommended daily dosage for adults is 1-2 teaspoons per day with milk on an empty stomach.
Is Chyawanprash suitable for children?
Yes, it is generally safe for children to take it with milk or water, depending on the child's age. It is best to speak to a healthcare professional before giving it to your child as different age groups have different dosage requirements.
Which is the best chyawanprash brand available?
Although different brands are available in the market, it is best to opt for one made from natural ingredients like Zandu Chyavanprash Avaleha.