As we continue to stay at home and avoid venturing out often, our homes have truly become our abode. Many have used this time to adapt to this new normal and equip their homes with all the essentials for a fulfilling life indoors.
With gyms and parks largely remaining deserted, our home can be our ultimate health and wellness retreat. Let's look at some effective remedies to stay in shape and lose weight naturally at home:
You are what you eat
Eating right is easily the most effective and direct way to shed some kilos. You can get most of your results simply by controlling what's on your platter.
- Have more proteins, as they make you feel fuller for longer to keep those hunger pangs at bay.
- Avoid processed foods, as they are designed to pack a lot of flavours and very little nutrition. They are also full of fattening additives.
- Stay away from liquid calories. Sugary beverages often contain an equivalent amount of calories as whole meals but are much easier to over-consume.
- Actively opt for foods that boost your metabolism, like lemon water and honey, peppers, garlic, cardamom, curry leaves, aloe vera etc.
- Eating habits like using a smaller plate, eating more slowly, drinking water often and staying updated by reading labels can help you become a more mindful eater.
Yoga for Mind, body and soul
Practicing Yoga can have a profound effect on your body and your personality. It cleanses you from within and helps you lose weight in the process.
- Practicing Yoga has shown to offer many health benefits, as well as overall mental, physical and spiritual development. As you become more conscious of your choices through Yoga, it becomes easier to resist unhealthy urges.
- As a philosophy, Yoga leans towards clean eating and encourages one to embrace fresh, unprocessed foods, directly influencing your weight.
- Yoga also encourages you to regulate your daily periods of being active and taking rest. A fixed daily routine directly affects your calorific intake and helps you avoid binging at odd hours.
- Performing cardio exercises is a great way to boost your metabolism, facilitating your body's innate weight loss mechanisms.
Adopt an Ayurvedic Way of Life
Leading a balanced life with a healthy routine can have a variety of benefits on the mind and body. It also allows your body to lose weight more effectively.
- Getting enough sleep is vital to weight loss, as lack of sleep and rest can disrupt the complex patterns of your digestive system and also promote sleeplessness-related stress-eating.
- Avoiding crash diets can help you develop a long-term outlook towards weight loss.
- Fasting intermittently has shown to improve your body's ability to eat into existing fat reserves to fuel your body during a fasted state, thereby helping in weight loss.
- Few Ayurvedic ingredients Like Guggul, Garcinia Cambogia, Triphala, Punarnava can be used as a part of our regular diet plan for losing weight naturally.
Especially now, in these restricted times, consuming Ayurvedic supplements having above ingredients will prove to be beneficial as pandemic has forced all of us to adapt to a different way of life where meeting our fitness goals seems difficult. So let the Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss support your efforts.
Zandu Haridra (60 caps)/Turmeric capsule contains curcumin that acts by suppressing fat tissue growth. Also, it has been seen that turmeric increases bile production (digestive enzyme) in the stomach leading to accelerated body metabolism.
Zandu Punarnava (60 caps)/Punarnava is scientifically known for weight management. It exhibits diuretic properties leading to improved performance of the kidney and urinary bladder, thereby flushing out toxins from the body while maintaining vital nutrients and minerals in the body. It also helps to control digestive Problems and also helps in weight loss.
Zandu Vrikshamla (60 caps) is formulated with 100% pure extracts of Garcinia Cambogia for losing weight naturally without any side effects. The active ingredient present in Garcinia Cambogia helps to boost your fat burning metabolism and reduce appetite while keeping cholesterol levels in check.
Zandu Lean & Slim (60 caps) is made from a unique blend of selected fat burner herbs with natural appetite suppressant and body metabolism enhancer properties. It contains Garcinia, Vidanga, Meshshringi, Trikatu (Sunthi, marich and pippali) in proper proportion to aid in weight management.