Relieves Headache & Body ache |...
Good For Joint Health | Reduces...
Reduces Joint Pain & Stiffness ...
Reduces Pain & Inflammation | I...
Good For Joint Health | Reduces...
Unlock the Natural Power of Herbs to Relieve Arthritis Pain
Although arthritis can be painful and debilitating, there are alternative treatments available in addition to conventional options - nature has its remedies that can provide tremendous relief from arthritis pain! Unlock the natural power of herbs to soothe your aching joints, reduce inflammation and get back to feeling like yourself again. Read on to learn about osteoarthritis treatment in Ayurveda.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is an umbrella term for a group of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system. It usually involves joint pain and stiffness, which makes it difficult for individuals to move around and perform daily activities. This can be caused by inflammation, wear-and-tear from age or injury, infections, or autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. The most common form of arthritis is Osteoarthritis (OA), which typically occurs as a result of aging and joint damage caused by daily use.
- Osteoarthritis: The joint's cartilage breaks down in OA, and the underlying bone changes. These changes occur gradually and tend to progress with time. Rheumatoid arthritis: The condition known as rheumatoid arthritis is a type of autoimmune disease that persists over time. In this condition, the immune system of the body attacks the joints, leading to stiffness, pain, and swelling. It usually affects multiple joints on both sides of the body and can be complicated to diagnose as its signs are similar to other types of arthritis.
- Gout: Gout is inflammatory arthritis caused by uric acid buildup in joint fluid. It typically appears suddenly and causes intense pain, redness, swelling, tenderness, and stiffness around affected joints. Gout often occurs in the feet or hands but can also affect the other areas of the body.
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition which causes widespread pain, fatigue, and sensitivity to touch. It commonly affects the muscles and soft tissues around joints but can also affect other body parts. Fibromyalgia can cause many symptoms including muscle spasms, sleep disturbances, and depression.
Prevalence of Arthritis
Osteoarthritis affects about 22% to 39% of the population in India. It affects both genders, and its prevalence increases significantly with age. Symptoms are present in almost 45% of women aged over 65 years, while radiological evidence is found in about 70% of women in the same age group.
- Infection: Arthritis can be caused by an infection, such as a bacterial or viral infection. Certain viruses and bacteria can trigger joint inflammation and pain, leading to arthritis.
- Age: Age is an important risk factor for arthritis. As you get older, the chances of developing arthritis increases. People over 65 are more likely to develop different forms of arthritis than younger adults.
- Family History: Having a family history of arthritis increases your risk of developing it yourself. If someone in your family has had arthritis, it is important to mention this to your doctor so they can assess the risk.
- Obesity: Being overweight increases your risk of developing certain types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout. Keeping a healthy weight is important to managing your overall health and can help reduce your risk of developing arthritis.
- Gender: Women are more likely to develop certain types of arthritis than men, such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Men are more likely to develop gout.
Arthritis is often caused by wear and tear on the joints, which can be due to age or overuse. Osteoarthritis is a common form of arthritis resulting from joint cartilage breakdown. Other causes include autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, where the body’s immune system can attack healthy cells & gout, which is caused by an excess of uric acid in the blood. Reactive arthritis is mainly caused by an infection. Diagnosis can be challenging and may occur at any age, but it is more frequently observed in younger individuals.
Arthritis is a condition that mainly affects the joints and causes inflammation and stiffness. Symptoms may vary based on the type of arthritis, but typically include joint pain, swelling, redness, and limited ability to move the affected joints. Other common signs of arthritis include fatigue, joint tenderness, loss of strength in the affected area, difficulty performing daily activities such as climbing stairs or walking, and a warm joint feeling. Sometimes you might also notice a crackling sound when moving your affected joints.
To detect arthritis, a doctor may perform blood tests to check for inflammation or other related signs. They may also extract a joint fluid sample or conduct an X-ray, ultrasound, or CT scan to identify cartilage loss or joint space constriction.
Conventional Treatment Options
Common forms of conventional treatment include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, and disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). NSAIDs reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and improve joint function. You can eaither take Corticosteroi orally or get it injected into the joints to relieve pain and swelling temporarily. DMARDs may be prescribed to slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis and reduce inflammation and pain.
Here are some of the best herbs for treating arthritis: Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb which can be taken in tea. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for those with arthritis. White willow bark contains compounds that may help reduce pain and swelling associated with arthritis. Cucumin is a compound found in the spice turmeric. It has anti-inflammatory properties and may be helpful for those suffering from arthritis.
A balanced diet can help you control your arthritis symptoms. Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, sardines, walnuts, and flaxseed are also beneficial at reducing inflammation associated with the condition. Additionally, consuming high-fiber foods like fruits and vegetables and avoiding processed foods helps keep your joints healthy. Vitamin D and calcium are also important for maintaining strong bones, so including dairy products in your diet is important.
1. Activity: Regular physical activity helps maintain strength and flexibility in joints and reduces fatigue and stiffness. 2. Diet: Eating a balanced diet low in fat can help reduce inflammation, joint pain, and stiffness associated with arthritis. A diet rich in fatty acids, Omega-3, Vitamin C, and E benefits arthritis sufferers. 3. Weight Loss: Losing weight through regular exercise and healthy eating can help reduce the symptoms of arthritis. 4. Stress Management: It is important to manage stress levels by exercising, meditating, and taking time out for yourself. Specific Ayurvedic Remedies – H2 Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic remedy commonly used to treat arthritis. It improves joint strength, reduces inflammation and pain, and restores mobility. Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to treat arthritis. It contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can reduce joint swelling, stiffness, and pain. Ginger: Ginger is a natural remedy with numerous health benefits, including reducing inflammation and relieving arthritic pain. It can be consumed in tea or taken in capsule form. Guggul: Guggul is an Ayurvedic herb known to reduce inflammation, joint pain, and stiffness. It can be taken as an extract or in supplement form. Shallaki: Shallaki, also known as boswellia, is an Ayurvedic herb that can help reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis. Nirgundi: Nirgundi contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which can help relieve joint pain and stiffness.
Zanducare Products and Solutions
1. Zandu Balm
Zandu Balm is an Ayurvedic remedy that provides fast and long-lasting relief from headaches, body aches, colds, and other physical discomfort.
2. Zandu Joint Pain Reliever (Mridu Sandhigata Pida Har Vati)
Zandu Joint Pain Reliever (Mridu Sandhigata Pida Har Vati) is an effective remedy for the aches and pains associated with joint stiffness. This non-steroidal supplement helps to reduce inflammation and alleviate discomfort in the joints, allowing you to move free from pain.
3. Sallaki Capsules
Zandu Sallaki pure herbs is a natural Ayurvedic supplement containing extracts of the healing herb Sallaki (Boswellia Serrata). This herbal remedy helps relieve inflammation and joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
4. Ortho Vedic Oil
Zandu Ortho Vedic Oil offers relief for joint and muscle aches quickly and effectively, with a visible improvement in just a week. The oil helps improve the mobility of joints and muscles for long-lasting relief.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using herbs to treat arthritis?
Herbs can act as natural anti-inflammatories and analgesics, reducing swelling and stiffness and alleviating pain associated with arthritis. Additionally, some herbs can help slow the progression of arthritis, allowing you to maintain mobility and better manage your condition.
What herbs can I use to treat arthritis pain?
Many herbs have been used for centuries to help relieve the symptoms of arthritis, including turmeric, ginger, Boswellia, willow bark, and devil’s claw.
What are the best pain relief cream for joint pain?
Many creams and ointments are available specifically formulated to help relieve the pain of arthritis. However, if you want to use Zanducare products, you must choose Zandu balm to quickly relieve joint pain.
Are there any side effects associated with using herbs for arthritis?
While most herbs are considered safe when used as directed, it is always important to talk to your healthcare provider before using any herbs, especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.