The common cold is a contagious disease and very common among children and adults. It can happen at any time of the year, especially during seasonal changes. But though it is harmless, it cannot be avoidable. If it is not treated properly, after some time, it can be seen as a severe issue in one’s life.
But whenever you have a cold, treating it with doctor- prescribed medicine can have side effects after prolonged use of medicines, especially antibiotics, and the treatment is also costly. So the ayurvedic medicines for common cold are the best solution. You do not have to spend a huge amount of money on this treatment, and it has no side effects. Most ayurvedic herbs you need for treating cough and cold are available in your kitchen.
Image Source: Photo by andrea-piacquadio: Freepik
This traditional method of treatment is accepted worldwide. A large number of people are currently opting for this treatment. These ayurvedic methods take time to show results, but they can cure you from inside, and also have no side effects because this medicine comes direct from Mother Nature.
So always follow the ayurvedic remedies for the relief of cold and cough symptoms. If you follow these remedies for a few days, your immunity power will grow stronger than before, and your cough and cold symptoms will also lessen.
But the problem with today’s busy world is that people can’t get time to prepare home remedies for common coughs and colds. So here comes Zandu care which can provide all the necessary herbs to keep you healthy from inside and outside. Ayurvedic treatment for cold symptoms is preferred by many people because it has no side effects. With Ayurvedic treatment from Zanducare, you can save money and also avoid side effects.
Common cold symptoms are:-
Loss of Appetite
The ayurvedic remedy for cold symptoms is given below.
It is the best ayurvedic medicine for common cold and cough. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is very helpful in treating productive cough.
How to take
Ginger tea is an effective ayurvedic remedy for treating colds and coughs. Boil a few slices of ginger and tea leaves in water for 4-5 minutes. Strain this water into a cup and add a teaspoon of honey to it and consume.
In a tablespoon of honey, add a pinch of black pepper and grated ginger.
Image Source: Photo by Pixabay: Pexels
Tulsi is known as the “Queen of Herbs.” The medicinal properties of tulsi help to fight against the common cold and cough. It works as an antibody and helps you to cough out mucus which causes discomfort in your throat.
- How to take
- After waking up in the morning, chew 4 to 5 tulsi leaves along with organic honey on an empty stomach.
- At any time of the day, drink tulsi kadha and tulsi tea.
- Recipe for kadha
- Take a few tulsi leaves, then wash them with lukewarm water.
- After that, boil those leaves with grated ginger.
- Strain the water in a cup and add lemon, black salt, black pepper, and jaggery.
- Recipe for tulsi tea
- Add 5 to 6 tulsi leaves for one coffee mug of water.
- Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Add some tea leaves and jaggery for sweetening.
- Strain the water and at last, squeeze some lemon juice.
Image Source: Photo by 8photo: Freepik
Licorice is also known as Mulethi. In the ayurvedic language, it is also called “sweet wood”, as the taste of the herb is sweet. Licorice helps you to give relief from a cough, cold, and also from sore throat. It also manages the excessive production of mucus in your lungs.
How to take
- Avoid non-veg food for dinner. After dinner, take one glass of hot milk, add 1 teaspoon of licorice powder and drink it.
- You can also take licorice tea or kadha.
- Recipe for tea
- Boil some mulethi powder or root and ginger in the water for 5 minutes.
- Add some tea leaves.
- Strain tea and drink it once or twice a day.
- Recipe for kadha
- In 1 cup of boiling water, add 1/5 spoon of mulethi powder, grated ginger, a pinch of cinnamon powder, black pepper, rock salt, and a few tulsi leaves.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to this solution.
- Drink this mixture once or twice a day.
Cinnamon is a woody aromatic spice. You would find that this is used in many diseases to make it tasty and aromatic. Besides being used in food preparation, it is also used as an ayurvedic medicine to cure many diseases. You can use cinnamon to cure a common cold and cough as it relieves you from your severe cough and cold as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- How to take
- In your regular black or green tea, add a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- For sweetening, you can add some honey.
- Besides making your regular tea aromatic and tasty, it also works as a medicine in your body.
Image Source: Photo by Ngô Trọng An: Pexels
Garlic is very effective in treating allergies. Garlic has antiviral and antimicrobial properties, so it is very good at treating the common cold.
- How to take
- Chew 1-2 gloves of raw garlic everyday morning on an empty stomach.
- Use garlic while preparing soup, stew, curry, vegetables, and other dishes.
Other Home Remedies for Cough and Cold
Some other common cold home remedies ayurveda are:
- Taking steam
- Salt water gargle
- Taking Vitamin C supplement
- Eat fruits loaded with vitamin C
Some rules and regulations that you should follow
Do exercise regularly. Do not forget to do inhalation and pranayam.
Wash your hands with soap after coming from outside and before eating.
Eat a balanced diet loaded with vitamin C.
Keep your distance from people who are suffering from cough and cold.
If you are suffering from a blocked nose, cough and cold, take steam inhalation 2 times a day.